Sunday, October 12, 2014

What defines you

While sweeping the kitchen floor earlier I started thinking of the things that define us. I'm not sure what made all this pop into my head but I'm saving it to use for a ladies meeting devotion in the future. So here I am-my family is away, I've been doing whatever I want and yet I am sweeping floors, loading the dishwasher, cleaning out the frig for trash day, etc. Why? Because that's who I am. Or is it? Take a minute and make a mental list of 5 things that define you.

Here are some things that I think could be on your list. A lot of them are on mine.

mother
maid
cook
accountant
wife
dog walker
teacher
grandma
pastor's wife
preacher's kid

The list could go on for days.

But are these really the things that should define us? None of the things listed are bad things but how does God define us? That is the real question!

This is what God's list of things that define you should look like:

Redeemed- Isaiah 44:22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Forgiven- Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Accepted- Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Bought- 1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Child of God- Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Complete-Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Loved- Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Conquerors- Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.


Who's definitions do you like better? Next time you -or I- are getting all wrapped up in the things that define us on earth, take a minute to think of the things that define us to God.

Have anything to add to this devotion? Leave it in the comments!









1 comment:

  1. I love you, but most of all I love who you are in Christ! XOXO

    ReplyDelete