Tuesday, September 16, 2014

New blog, new chapter

Most of you know I had something go funky with my other blog. I hope everyone finds me no trouble! After I got to thinking about it, a new blog is only fitting for this new time in my life!

Things are going very well here in Faith, NC. The kids are adjusting very well. They have made lots of friends and besides needing to "learn to speak North Carolina" I don't think they are having any trouble. The school is twice as big as Buffalo and I don't like not knowing anyone but since I don't get out of my car at drop off or pick up, I really haven't had the chance to meet any other parents. I can't really volunteer in the class because of Abby. She's just not up for sitting still while I read to a class of 2nd graders!

I was finally able to pull my van into the garage. It only took me a month to get it cleared out. But it is still too tight so I'm back to parking in the driveway until I can get some more organizing done. And that is not my forte so it might be awhile!

We love our house. Ryan and Abby sharing a room was definitely the right choice for now. They get a long so well. I can't imagine the headache I would have if Abby was with Hannah. I can hear her dramatic whine now...."Abby won't leave my stuff alone!" We gave up a laundry room and went back to a hallway laundry closet. We didn't get a 4th bedroom. We didn't get property or lots of trees. But I'm sure we are where God wants us to be. That is better than all the bedrooms and trees in the world!

We were hoping that living in a subdivision would give the kids a chance to have some friends, although the neighbor kids was one of my huge complaints in WV. At least half, or more, of the houses here have kids swing sets or play equipment in the yard but NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is ever outside. It is the quietest neighborhood in the world. I am not exaggerating. I wish I was. We did eventually mean a neighbor down the road. They have a 3rd grade girl and a 3 yr old boy. The kids see her at school but she is very busy with after school activities so they are lucky if they see her once a week at home. They don't go to church anywhere so I'm praying we will be a good witness to them and hopefully be taking the kids to church with us at some point.

Speaking of church....that part of moving has not been fun. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Having the word "Baptist" on the sign means nothing these days. I've lost count but I think we are on church # 6. I know I definitely took our church in WV for granted. Enough about that.

If you will remember, we sold our camper when we sold the house. We are missing that camper like the dickens! Especially with the cooler weather. It is camping season and we aren't going. =(

We still have some things to take care of WV but we are well on our way to being North Carolinians!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting settled. Will pray about the church situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you!

    It was nice visiting your parents last month and seeing the yard sale preparations. We pray you find a suitable church soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Found you, thanks to Lisa! :D You need to add a "gadget" to your blog so people can sign up to receive your posts via e-mail! If you need help, it is easy and I can help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog and it's nice to hear you are getting settled. Love you!

    ReplyDelete